Various CDE courses are available for healthcare professionals. All CDE courses confer CPD points.
The CDE 5- day advanced course in diabetes care for Health Professionals
The next CDE 5-Day Advanced Course in Diabetes Care will take place from the 30 October 2017 to 3 November 2017.
This course is an intensive and comprehensive course, designed for doctors and other healthcare professionals with an interest in diabetes. It is held twice every year, in Melrose, Johannesburg.
Programme Summary of the 5 Day Course:
The Course is aligned with the latest evidence based treatment guidelines. Case studies and problem solving approaches are a vital part of the learning process.
- Holistic Team Care Philosophy & Educational Approaches
- Diagnosis, Classification, Pathophysiology & Prevention of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Other types of diabetes including Gestational Diabetes
- Treatment of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychological Adjustment to Diabetes
- Meal Planning & Nutrition in Diabetes
- The Importance of Exercise in Diabetes
- The Medical Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- The "Foot of the Person with Diabetes"
- Acute Complications of Diabetes
- Diabetes as a Micro- & Macro-vascular Disease & Risk Factor Control
- Managed Care in Diabetes
- Interactive Team-facilitated Case Study Sessions
- Practical Workshop on Self Care Devices & Equipment
The CDE "Dominoes in Diabetes" course
This course is a foundation level course in diabetes care, and is fully customisable for delivery over 1,2 or 3 days. It is aimed at allied healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists and others) as well as at personnel in the healthcare industry (medical representatives, case managers and others). In consultation with the client, the course can be structured and tailored to best achieve desired educational outcomes.
Contact us for more details on any of the above courses
CDE Online Courses
The University of South Wales Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes
This one-year Diploma is suitable for both Medical Practitioners and Allied Healthcare Professionals. A second year of study may be undertaken to obtain an MSc in Diabetes.
Members of the CDE Faculty perform a tutoring role for these courses.
Please see the Diploma-MSc Website (www.diploma-msc.com) to obtain further information.
CDE facilitates a limited number of part-sponsorships for successful applicants - if your Application to the University of South Wales is successful, please email (email@example.com) to motivate your request for sponsorship by the CDE. Part-sponsorships for successful applicants apply to September intake only.