Various CDE courses are available for healthcare professionals. All CDE courses confer CPD points.
The CDE 5- day advanced course in diabetes care for Health Professionals
- 7 May 2018 to 11 May 2018
- 27 August 2018 to 31 August 2018
- 5 November 2018 to 9 November 2018
We are delighted to announce that CDE in conjunction with CPC/QualiCare will offer a 5-Day Advanced Course in Diabetes Care for Health Professionals in Cape Town.
Programme Summary of the 5 Day Course:
The Course is aligned with the latest evidence based treatment guidelines. Case studies and problem solving approaches are a vital part of the learning process.
- Holistic Team Care Philosophy & Educational Approaches
- Diagnosis, Classification, Pathophysiology & Prevention of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus
- Other types of diabetes including Gestational Diabetes
- Treatment of Type 1 & Type 2 Diabetes
- Psychological Adjustment to Diabetes
- Meal Planning & Nutrition in Diabetes
- The Importance of Exercise in Diabetes
- The Medical Management of Diabetic Ketoacidosis
- The "Foot of the Person with Diabetes"
- Acute Complications of Diabetes
- Diabetes as a Micro- & Macro-vascular Disease & Risk Factor Control
- Managed Care in Diabetes
- Interactive Team-facilitated Case Study Sessions
- Practical Workshop on Self Care Devices & Equipment
The CDE "Dominoes in Diabetes" course
This course is a foundation level course in diabetes care, and is fully customisable for delivery over 1,2 or 3 days. It is aimed at allied healthcare professionals (nurses, pharmacists and others) as well as at personnel in the healthcare industry (medical representatives, case managers and others). In consultation with the client, the course can be structured and tailored to best achieve desired educational outcomes.
Contact us for more details on any of the above courses
CDE Online Courses
The University of South Wales Postgraduate Diploma in Diabetes
This one-year Diploma is suitable for both Medical Practitioners and Allied Healthcare Professionals. A second year of study may be undertaken to obtain an MSc in Diabetes.
Members of the CDE Faculty perform a tutoring role for these courses.
Please see the Diploma-MSc Website (www.diploma-msc.com) to obtain further information.
CDE facilitates a limited number of part-sponsorships for successful applicants - if your Application to the University of South Wales is successful, please email (email@example.com) to motivate your request for sponsorship by the CDE. This is only open to people who are working in South Africa. Part-sponsorships for successful applicants apply to September intake only.
The CDE-OPTIFAST® 800 kcal Programme Training
The CDE - OPTIFAST® 800 kcal programme training is an exciting dietary approach launched through the CDE in collaboration with Nestlé Health Science. The dietary approach consists of 3 x OPTIFAST® shakes a day for 8 weeks, with a 4-week food reintroduction phase. The dietary approach has shown to significantly reduce body weight and can even place Type 2 Diabetes into remission.
Dietitians who would like to prescribe this dietary approach will need to go through the CDE OPTIFAST® Training here.